PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female ex-PPL hoping to get back in the skies
Old 27th Jan 2008, 20:18
BEagle

Received 334 Likes on 116 Posts
Viola, I'm glad that manners haven't been banished by the militant feminists ('wimmin') who perceive them as gender harrassment!

I was on a packed 1GW train the other day and a young lady was forced to stand in the aisle. Numerous ill-mannered yoof just stuck their infernal iPod ear plugs in and ignored her.

Difficult to express this in a polite manner, but let's just say that gentlemen should appreciate that human biology can make such things uncomfortable for women at certain times. I was, to be honest, outraged that a lady should have to stand whilst other passengers had seats.

So I offered her my seat. Now, having obtained my PPL in 1968 before I passed my driving test, I'm hardly an iPod digi-yoof, so she was politely reluctant to accept the offer, probably thinking that perhaps I needed the seat rather more than she did. But my little white lie helped - "No, it's OK - I'd sooner get some fresh air in the gangway as it's a bit stuffy in the carriage"....

Why are people so appallingly rude these days? I detest travelling on trains and tubes, but rarely see people affording the courtesy to the fair sex which gentlemen were always taught when I was at school.

Back to the thread - let's hope that Albinoni hasn't been put off by stupid kids and will find the motivation to come back to PPL flying soon!