PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS - 4
Thread: LEEDS - 4
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2008, 17:53
A320fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My comment about the 2 hour catchment of the LBA is fact so you better keep laughing mate. I admit it is not a well known fact amongst the aviation world but it is fact nevertheless. Hopefully someone will be able to back up my words from the relevant stats document. Think about it birmingham, leicester, nottingham, sheffield, liverpool, manchester, hull, newcastle, middlesboro plus all the other large towns in the north and north midlands. Oh yes I almost forgot leeds! So yes I do know my geography.
A rough calculation I work it out to be:

2 hours from LBA .... 30,421,000
2 hours from LHR .... 27,288,000

Obviously there is some overlap in the midlands regions.

Anyway back to Ryanair, they had done a fair bit of route chopping at MME and have axed a route or two from NCL and dropped Pisa from DSA. I think it will be between LBA or DSA personally.
Weather isn't a major issue, I have some rather interesting facts that shud shut some of you LBA haters up!!! Since October 2006 LBA has had 49 flights diverted to either MAN,DSA,NCL,HUY,MME,LPL and EMA. However, guess how many flights LBA has taken due to bad weather at DSA,MAN,MME,NCL,HUY & EMA????? (Your not going to like this LBA haters!!!!) We have had 55 inbound diverts!!!! So think of that next time you have a go at LBA!!

Last edited by A320fan; 27th Jan 2008 at 21:00.