PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whats the best root into aircraft engineering
Old 27th Jan 2008, 15:45
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 140 Likes on 101 Posts
Based on recent experience, I have to say, regretably, that the training offered by HM Gov't is no longer to the standard....or rather depth.. that it once was. Thanks to the various beancounter inspired "initiatives" and various "policy makers" it would appear those in training now recieve only the basic skills to enable them to do 1st Line and some minor 2nd Line work....thereafter it's all done by engineers who, ironically, gained their experience in a different era....with HM Gov't.

I wouldn't decry the Forces as a basis for gaining experience and entry into engineering however....just be aware they no longer offer the same depth as was once the case.

Finally, once you have learnt to spell that is, why do you wish to become an aircraft maintenance engineer...and in what discipline....and why that particular discipline in contrast to another ?. What would you hope to gain by entering the maintenance world and what would you do if you could not find an entry point ?.....and why would this not be your first choice of occupation?