PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATZ question
Thread: ATZ question
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2008, 13:40
alexpc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by selfin
'Shall' is neither conditional nor contingent. The regulation is very clear on the duty to receive information before operating in an ATZ. A mere acknowledgement of radio contact is insufficient for this purpose. Furthermore where an officer (or a/g radio operator) fails to reply owing to high workloads it is evident additional ATZ operations cannot be carried out safely.
OK, maybe I was a bit unclear for a legal argument...

Yes there is a duty to receive information in an ATZ, and it is prudent to do so when flying in the vicinity of an ATZ. The point I was making is that in exercising good airmanship, is that you should not rely solely on that information; just because the A/G service reports "no known traffic" doesn't mean you can stick your head in the cockpit and relax.

Looking at the original quote I think that was already stated , albeit in maybe slightly imprecise terms (my bold):

Originally Posted by chevva
but you must call the published frequency if you do wish to penetrate and you should then be given traffic information to enable you to remain clear of other traffic in the ATZ.