PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thompson Engine Failure in ALC 23/10
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2008, 11:07
yeoman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hedgedweller

Telling people that they have got it wrong and then telling them that you are the answer to all their problems isn't likely to engender a sympathetic response particularly as your audience is made up of people trained to put injured aeroplanes on the ground in the correct sequence of part numbers rather than in corporate care! Nobody likes being criticised, even if warranted!

I greatly regret that you were scared witless and can understand your unhappiness. Please remember that it won't have been a great day out for the crew either and that having used their skill and training to get you down safely they would probably have had a crashing pschycological let down too. At exactly that point in time they woul;d also have had to cope with some very scared passengers, an airport that wasn't expecting 235 odd people to arrive unannounced, a bunch of tour operator reps who were up to their eyeballs in dealing with the inbound passengers and no doubt many phone calls to base, not the least of which would have been an urgent need to get you guys organised.

Having done it, I can assure you that they will have done all they could but sometimes it just isn't enough.

Finally, I'm delighted you are back to flying and to reassure you, all 2 engined airliners are capable of flying on one engine even at their maximum designed take off weight. They would not be certified if they couldn't. As you ultimately pay my salary, I am doubly pleased!! The chances of this happening to you again are minute so happy landings.