PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female ex-PPL hoping to get back in the skies
Old 27th Jan 2008, 09:18
Jetscream 32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
most of the totty pilots i have ever worked or flown with were equally as competant as any bloke driver, its all down to personality - if the instructor or person that sits next to you has a good personality and knows his job, it wouldnt matter if you had two heads the instruction and delivery of the lesson should be the same.

Having been in the wonderful position to have instructed all ages from 12 - 100 and all races and capabilities over a 20 year period, i am of the very personal opinion that some are born to instruct and will never give it up, and some are using it as a stepping stone to the wilder world of aviation, in which case you may have a slightly different take on how you view students.

I do firmly believe that the old PPL FI which is being mooted about as coming back would be a very positive thing - career instructors that do it for the love of flying and teaching and learning themselves, meeting new people and caring about the value and name of the company they work for.

The day that 4 new PPL FI's decide to set up their own school with new aircraft, nice facilities and gain a good repution is the day i look forward to...

Hopefully they will know how to teach sideslipping, roundout, and grass strip techniques as well as safe HPA procedures etc.... far, far more than is required in the syllabus but what makes a good school great....

Blue skies - time to get airborne ----- yeee haaaa! summers coming!!!