PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CVs For Military Looking Outside
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2008, 07:03
caligula

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gericault

Some good advice above - like anything, you will sift and take out the best bits so I will not pass specific comment, other than one area - your CV should be tailored to the job you are going for. If you are applying to the airlines, copy one of your mates' CVs who got a job. If you want to step into management consultancy at senior level, you may find some of the advice above about not using agencies misplaced. You will probably benefit from professional help in some context - you are competing against clever people with a wealth of commercial experience. I am willing to bet you will not realise the value of some of your skills and experiences and you will be able to hold your own at interview. However you will not get chance to do so unless you are able to articulate those things in a certain way on your CV. A professional will definitely put a different slant on them.

I did once use a company - I think they were called Impact - don't know if they're still around, but they were very good. The points about them removing details and writing bull**** are simply not relevant - you're the client - get them to change things you don't like or just alter yourself. I would strongly advise against just doing the whole thing yourself, if it's the first time for a long time.

Hope that's of some use

Good luck!