PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class 1 medical assistance
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2008, 02:11
Leezyjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
did anyone else have the testicular examination. All seemed above board at the time but now i'm not so sure cos no one else has mentioned it. I'm being serious by the way.
Yeah I had it done too, although I think it depends who you get (I had a woman doing mine thankfully - maybe she just wanted a cheap thrill ) but speaking to some of the chaps on my course, seems like I was the only one who had them felt !!.

I didn't have to wear one at any stage of my medical.
We all had to wear one, had to undress top half then sit around in the dressing gown for the rest of the time.

Don't wear a suit either. The only guy who turned up in one when I was there, couldn't get his heart rate up high enough on the step thingies they make you do, so they sent him out to jog round the car park on a cold November morning in leather shoes !!!.

I went for a cheeky quick check up with the local Dr before I went for my class 1 (well I pay my taxes and never usually use them unlike most of the jobless immigrants in the waiting room !! - and not used them since actually) and took along the requirements and asked him to give me a quick once over and if he thought I'd fail any of the things. He checked my cholesterol which due to family history, was higher than normal so for the next 2 weeks I had one of those Flora Pro-Active drinks each day, and when tested by the CAA, it was back to normal - so they do work !!.