PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Letter from AIPA to Jet* Pilots
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2008, 01:08
CaptCloudbuster

Received 129 Likes on 37 Posts
The JPA have a bank of days for time relief, something else thay negotiated. It is used for JPA/pilot purposes. Where there are mutual J*/JPA business, e.g negotiations, roadshows etc the Company provides the days. Something else they negotiated. Seems to me the JPA were able to swing a better deal than AIPA here too.
Do I need to point out the obvious again Fistfokker?

Let me say again S L O W L Y. AIPA negotiated the same type of deal with QF which QF has chosen to UNILATERILY withdraw

Before you all suggest they must be in the Company's pocket consider what would the advantage to the individuals be, to have travel and time provided by the Company

What I am highlighting is that QF management had a similar deal with AIPA which was withdrawn when AIPA stopped trotting out the company spin.

Are the JPC currently pushing Jet* Management spin? From my point of view (and I have seen the EBA proposal) it appears sadly so.

I don't know what their motivation is to wholeheartedly support this rushed EBA when balance of power rests in the hands of the Jet Star pilot body.

From a Mainline perspective we have seen a past President of our negotiating body become Chief Pilot. Knowing our employers past tactics they could have been offered anything to get this EBA over the line.

Open your eyes Guys / Girls. We Mainline Pilots ARE NOT YOUR ENEMY