PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Letter from AIPA to Jet* Pilots
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2008, 00:18
fistfokker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have knowledge of the JPC conducting "roadshows" in Cairns not using staff travel but on confirmed tickets laid on by the company
You make it sound as if this a bad thing. How could it be. It is something the JPA negotiated with J*. If the AIPA can't negotiate a deal like that then what else could you expect them to negotiate.

As Keg pointed out - the company reneged on a negotiated time relief arrangement (read paid for in past eba's) for the AIPA President when the company yes men of AIPA past were replaced by the QF pilot body - he (and his reps) now have worked for the betterment of their colleagues on days off and holidays
The JPA have a bank of days for time relief, something else thay negotiated. It is used for JPA/pilot purposes. Where there are mutual J*/JPA business, e.g negotiations, roadshows etc the Company provides the days. Something else they negotiated. Seems to me the JPA were able to swing a better deal than AIPA here too. At no cost to the J* pilots. Before you all suggest they must be in the Company's pocket consider what would the advantage to the individuals be, to have travel and time provided by the Company. Certainly no personal gain.

We have been given an insight here that AIPA and AFAP have detailed compelling reasons to vote no in the first instance individually to all Jet Star Pilots.

I have yet to read 1 good reason to vote yes. Have the JPC put forward their compelling reasons to the Pilot body?
Of course they have. I would imagine they just don't feel the need to post on this forum.