PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help with upcoming Regional Express Cadet pilot Interview
Old 26th Jan 2008, 23:51
apache

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spartair.
It sounds like you are going into this interview with your eyes wide open, and I applaud you for that.
As someone else mentioned, you ONLY get one chance to make a first impression, so make the most of that opportunity. Whilst you do not need to dazzle them from ninute one, making rookie mistakes can really really cost you. Things like :
Not turning your phone off,
turning up late,
spelling mistakes/grammatical errors on your resume(use spellcheck!!!),
dirty shoes or scruffy appearance,
no prior preparation, etc.

DO NOT lay down the law to them in the INTERVIEW.... wait until they offer you the job / cadetship, THEN lay down your terms. If you do NOT like what is on the table, and they won't meet some of your basic requirements, then maybe the job is not for you.
Chris Hine is a lovely bloke, and will make you feel welcomed at all times. Ensure that you are warm and friendly as well as serious. The interview should NOT be him asking you questions, and you responding with one word answers, and then you sitting there in silence whilst he tries to figure out your personality!
Have some decent questions for him too! show that you are interested in moving up within the group ie not just going to sit in the RHS for six years then leave.

remember, it is them interviewing you.... but also YOU deciding if this is the right path for you! I have done a few interviews, been offered the job and decided that what I saw was NOT the path for me.Do NOT be naiive about this position/opportunity.
if this IS the job for you, then good luck!