PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Exodus from Skippers (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2008, 22:23
Shed Dog Tosser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The answer to my previous question has presented itself:

One off to Skywest, two to Alliance and One off to Cathay ( all Captains ), all good blokes apparently, well done to them !.

What will happen, Parking aircraft against the fence "or" lower the experience levels even further ( will be interested to see how this game of limbo will play out, we all know how this dangerous game has historically ended ).

Whilst i do not know SQ, I find it hard to believe that a change of management would not be addressing the most pressing issue, retention of current staff and obtaining new staff.

Interstingly enough, where other organisations have adapted,,,, they are not complaining of staff shortages.

Noticed on another thread some slagging off regarding the Brasilia incident at Jundee, whilst it is highly unfair to be pointing fingers, you could certainly suggest that something very drastic and systemic occured to allow that aircraft to have an outstanding defect ( undetected by comparision to drip sticks ) that could allow them to run out of fuel, it could have been Australia's worst accident ever.

Well done to the crew for what ever actions they took as a response to this incident that saved to day.

Apparently the last fortnights pay went in late, is this so, can not imagine that went down too well ?.

Last edited by Shed Dog Tosser; 26th Jan 2008 at 23:18.