PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help with upcoming Regional Express Cadet pilot Interview
Old 26th Jan 2008, 22:17
wesky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kalavo + Muffinman (with the X's haha),

They were the most constructive posts that I have seen on here for a very long time - thankyou!

Like Spartair, I have an interview with the CP on Tuesday arvo re the cadet scheme.

I'm going in their with a mind set that i'll be doing them a favour - not them doing me a favour thus I will find out every little detail about this "deal". I already made it clear on the phone that I refuse to be in the RH seat for anything more than 3 years and she still wanted to sign me up for the interview with Chris Hine - they must be desperate hehe.

All in all, there is a lot we all don't know about this scheme. To me, the interview is going to be a fact finding mission. I'm willing to put forth the questions that will damage my reputation, thus not getting a chance.

Spartair, while I cannot provide specifics about the interview, I have started researching the Co'. Information such as fleet specs, routes, crisis related issues (read pilot shortage and what they plan to achieve), structure, senior management etc etc.

If you have any flying history (BAK/GFPT/SPL etc etc) and are a little rough on the details, no doubt the CP will question you on some of your knowledge. So brush up on that.

Also, if invited, we will be doing some WOMBAT test. From what I understand, you are in a study/learning environment for 60 minutes and then you get 90 minutes worth of testing based on what we had just learnt.

All in all, take on board all the basic interview ettiquette that muffin man has provided you with.

Lastly, do not, under any circumstances, be affraid to ask questions. You cannot go in to this interview and not ask atleast 10 questions. These guys need to understand that it is your money, your time and your 5 years of service - not that they are giving you a job.... you are paying for that job.
The other little subject is the scholarship. Make it clear to them that you cannot do the course without that other $40k being paid by them. $80k for a MECIR is a bit steep.... so tell them you will need the scholarship. Without it, you wont be doing it.

One question that is on my mind - the first "few" groups will be to address Rex's pilot shortage issue (blah blah blah). HR (Kim) explained to me that the first "few" groups will be for the Saabs RH seat... My question to that was "who is paying for the endo"... she couldnt answer. So, is it going to cost us $90 to be a RH seat driver on a SF340 ($10k for the endo) for 3 years max [it was explained that we would get command within 3 years (I laughed)]