PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe Recruitment Online Applications
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2008, 18:27
G SXTY

Supercharged PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I personally found it almost insulting to read that you were sending PMs to eachother
and

dont rub it in our faces.
If you really found an exchange of private messages "almost insulting", you'll just love it when you get to an interview and they ask you how you deal with criticism and conflict.

I hope this doesn't come across as patronising dingbat2407, but as someone who's only recently registered on Pprune, you might not fully appreciate just what a small world this is, and just how easily someone can be identified from their postings. Fine if you're happy to be identified, but sometimes there are very good reasons why members want to exchange private messages, e.g. at sensitive times (like job interviews) when they specifically do not want to identify themselves to anyone who might be reading. Furthermore, just because I post on Pprune, it does not give you or anyone else an automatic right to know my business, or even my "underhand dealings". Plenty of Ppruners know exactly who I am (anyone who's been to a Gatbash since 2001 for a start).

For what it's worth, I originally posted because I know for a fact that Flybe are calling people for interview. Maxalphaboy then posted, and as we know each other personally, and there are some issues (unrelated to Flybe) which we would rather not wave around in public, we switched to PM. Sorry if it hurt your feelings, but if that's the worst thing that happens to you this week, you've not done bad.

Just in case anyone still feels there is some conspiracy to deprive them of inside info, I would strongly second shortleg's advice. Flybe are steadily calling people for interview, and if you received the acknowledgement when your application went in, you can expect a call in the not too distant. If / when you are called for interview, learn the company history (it's all there on their website), think about why you want to work for them specifically, revise your technical questions (particularly ones relating to propellers, turboprops etc) and start considering your responses to the standard HR questions - your strengths and weaknesses, achievements, greatest challenge etc. And of course, how you deal with criticism. At interview, try and relax, try to be yourself and remember that the interviewers are not trying to derail you, they want you to give the best picture of yourself.

Anything else, feel free to pm me.