PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lasors headache - help!! ATPL Theory
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2008, 11:55
Brian304

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Mid-Life pilot

Doing it on Distance learning, I would reccommend you to use Bristol Ground school because there notes are brilliant!!!, as in there folders they give it in short the main points you need to know, and they don't try and put too much information in like the oxford books do.

Basically the CPL theory is the ATPL with a few more exams in, but I would reccommend you do the ATPL exams as it covers you for both CPL and IR theory, and long-term wise it would save you abit of time. Distance Learning wise for the ATPL takes averagely 1 year.

In some schools there is a requirement to have completed your PPL and class 1 medical before commmencing, and some there are no such requirements. Though I would still strongly reccommend you to do your PPL to get a background in flying first, and also your class 1, as its a strong commitment and let down if at the end you cannot gain a class 1 medical.

Sorry to be long-winded but I hope all of this helped. Though apart from BGS there are alot more good schools out there, but so far the best notes I've seen are from BGS, but if theres anymore please correct me on this.

Brian304