PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help with upcoming Regional Express Cadet pilot Interview
Old 26th Jan 2008, 10:42
kalavo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mate, I'm actually a little disappointed at how bitter and twisted people are here on PPRUNE and the lengths they go to discourage people from committing aviation. Seriously, I find it very disgusting that you have nothing better to do than troll this place with your dull responses, hoping someone will bite on your political agenda allowing you to rant further. (Can't wait to see you respond with more of the same)

Now you may have gone through the ranks, realised that a Regional is not for you and that you specifically want a Jet Job. That's fine, and I have no problem with that. But for the people who are young, enthusiastic and want a job with a regional, and may find that being home every night works for them, why do you even bother opening your mouth? You're not contributing anything useful to the conversation here.

I've got a few mates who are with REX and having the time of their lives. Sure, if management practices don't change, they may one day become as bitter as you and complain about wages, and how the company doesn't look after them, etc. but why take away the fun they are having now, not to mention the experience they are gaining which opens so many more doors?

This kid has an interest in aviation, and more specifically in REX, why do you have to pick a fault in that? Take a page out of xXmuffin0manXx's book and give the kid a hand - doing so isn't going to hurt you in anyway. It's people like you turning this industry in to a miserable bunch of .....'s and taking away the magic and fun from the industry - what kid didn't want to be a pilot growing up? - it seriously wasn't all that long ago that crews recognised that magic and ran with it, from the airlines allowing kids up to the cockpit (heck I even scored a jump seat landing or two when I was younger) to the GA operators who would take the time to talk to a kid watching through the fence and show them around... right place, right time I managed to score a formation flight when they were going up for a bit of fun.

Now I don't expect you and your bitterness to invite kids up front or show them around, and I understand that the new set of regulations make that sort of thing harder these days. I also don't mind if you don't want to pass on the favour any of the previous generation of crews did for you when you were younger. But why do you have to go to the other extreme with "Rex sucks mate, don't bother with them!!" or "Save yourself while you still can.R*x is a a piece of of a company." and assume everyone wants a jet job like you? If you really want to warn him, explain why you say that so he can make his own rational decision. If you're only baiting others then leave it and let the kid aviate however he wants to.

Spartair, if you haven't aleady, head out to your local airfield and go for a TIF. If I was interviewing you, and you hadn't flown a TIF, I'd seriously question how you know you want to be a pilot? I'd also ask yourself if you really want to work with the two negative posters before me For me, the answer is no, I'd much rather fly a taildragger on weekends than drive a computer around the sky, but at the same time, you'll get so many opportunities in this industry to see and do things many people never get a chance to, you won't regret it!! Best of luck!