PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 25 years of holding at Williamtown
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2008, 04:33
Spodman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have asked two important questions on two different posts.
Quote:
I will look forward to advice on why, on a CAVOK day, when the only traffic is a civilian Metro, a VFR aircraft can’t be given a clearance over the top of Williamtown airfield from the south to the north rather than being held at Nobbys.
No reason, other than the rules saying they can't, and a culture saying that they needn't. You won't change either by bleating here, and just cause problems of your own if you are continuing your desperately unprofessional technique of harranging ATC on the radio.
Quote:
I ask the experts here – why don’t we follow the proven FAA separation standards between IFR and VFR in Class C airspace?

(gripe, gripe, whinge, etc...)
If I just start doing that I'm breaking the rules and will be spanked and theres another day TIBA for you. I have happily cleared VFR on intersecting tracks in Class C airspace and passed them the traffic information they were entitled to. A quavering question arose from one of them if they were separated and I told them no. Never heard any more about it. Make it like the US rules and I'll do it. Don't change the rules and I can do nothing.