PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Unionization
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2008, 21:29
Lazy skip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eh... I still remember my first day in FR in early 2003...There were 12 of us up in East mids to attend this "company" induction course. They accomodate us in this room and after about 20 min this guy named chief crew scheduling (and most of FR people know who I`m referring to), showed up and first thing he said was " Well guys right now FR pilot body consist in about 500 pilot and that means that I have 500 problems, so what I see in this room is just 12 more problems". The speech was suddenly interrupted by the noise of a chair and this guy in his 50s stood up and walked out. We were all frozen apart from the FR boy who carried on with out giving a toss.
About 30 min later the brain wash was over, so few of us went outside for bit of deserved fresh air, and the "old" guy was still there smoking one cigarette after the other, me and another 2 guys went over and asked what was the problem. He smiled and replied" What is the problem??, can`t you guys see the problem, well I can, and you will as well... just takes some years..." Turned out the guy was a Delta captain who was made redundant after 9/11,( and yes few of them came here).
The guy then left in the afternoon and went back to US, never heard of him again.
Now, few years later, every time I see what is going on in this company I remember of him and I`d like to tell him that I can see the problem now... Just hope he gave up smoking and he is happy,reteried and taking the piss of us blind, idiots.
Btw just in case you read this one:you forgot to tell us how to fix the problem!! Maybe just throw the chair and walk out???