PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sheffield Airport To Close - 22nd April 08
Old 25th Jan 2008, 15:27
Cumulogranite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yet again the mighty Peel strike again.

For a company with a thriving aviation business it would appear that they are only interested in the commercial side of things. Liverpool Ringo Starr and Doncaster Fryar Tuck are well invested. But at the other end, Barton is pretty much unuseable to GA unless you are rich AND like being ripped off. Sheffield is closing. How much more are this company going to be allowed to ride rough shod over any airfield that they like??

For me I am now left with a huge dilemma. From where I live in Stockport what are my options. Well I can go and get ripped off at Barton, pay with arms and legs at Manchester, or travel to Liverpool, where I began my training and left due to escalating prices and for other reasons. Lets face it where is there to go from Liverpool other than Sleap or Caernarfon?? So where do I base myself now. Don't like PFA types (aircraft not the people) don't like grass, especially at this time of the year. Or do I just sit back and let my licence lapse, as there is nowhere practical for me to fly from anymore. EGSY was about as far as I wanted to travel!

Thanks Peel, thanks a lot!!!