PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RIP Darren Ogletree
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2008, 14:51
agapilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had only kown Darrin for about 6 months as we worked together and had swapped routes on new years so he could spend it with his girlfriend. I flew with him c couple times and was an excellent pilot. I also enjoyed our morning chats about our routes, weather, plane issues and just joking around in general. I know he was so excited about his two interviews on Monday and was so shocked when i heard about his crash. It was hard to walk to my plane knowing he wouldn't be walking with me. Even harder to see his car still in the parking lot each day. The comapny wasn't as forthcoming that he had even crashed or the details but losing a well experienced pilot who had over 4000 hours and finally gotten enough multi to move on just put us all in shock and awake. Many of us know planning our move. As Darrin joked he owed me "big time" for swapping routes I think I was paid back as I recieved two interviews on the same monday his were. So thank you Darrin for just being a great person, pilot, son, and friend and condolences to all who will miss him.