PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lasors headache - help!! ATPL Theory
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2008, 13:10
mid_life_pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lasors headache - help!! ATPL Theory

Firstly, this forum has saved my life! I'm 32 and about to embark on a complete life transformation (thanks to an impending redundancy) which includes an attempt to fulfil a lifelong ambition of becoming a pilot (don't worry I'm not going to ask whether I'm too old!) and pretty much all the questions I had have been answered here already!

My question is (hopefully) simple that I haven't been able to work out from Lasors:

Are there any pre-requisites exam/flying experience wise for the ATPL theory exams? Currently looking at the Glasgow Nautical College distance learning (am waiting an email back from them but thought I'd try here as well).

I am trying to plan the best modular route around my family/work/financial commitments (!) and am thinking that completing my PPL(A)/NR and then the ATPL Theory would be a good start. To follow would then be CPL(A)/ ME IR.

Also, am I right in thinking that the exams for the CPL(A) are the same as for the ATPL (seen as how you can use credits from the CPL exams against the ATPL) therefore if I had the theory examinations in the bag then I would only need to worry about the flying element of the CPL?

Feel free to flame me if this sounds like a bad idea!