PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A new President and GC - what then? Negotiation, contract compliance,more industrial?
Old 25th Jan 2008, 04:46
Westcoastcapt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I missed The Management. Glad to see he is back.

Oops, he forgot the based members. Remember, they are based in their home countries with all the rights and priveleges that go with paying taxes there. And thanks to Mr Crofts, we know that they are indeed employed in their bases. No wonder the onshoring move to the UK is taking so long, they cannot believe what they are up against. Imagine trying to grasp 21st century law with 19th century thinking.

The right to bargain, the option of arbitration, and of course, the right to strike. Imagine being fired for doing exactly what your imposed contract says you should. Abuse that and sack someone, and the wrongful dismissal lawyers will trample whatever is left of the carcass that is left when the labour lawyers are done. Oh oh, I forgot those in the legal profession who thrive on defamation suits. Could mean a nice early retirement for someone.

It is often said that a sure sign of stress is incessant babbling. And boy, is The Management ever babbling.

No doubt, they are worried that any coup that ousts the President and GC will garner significant negative local press. Imagine the panic, if a militant regime takes over the AOA with great fanfare and lots of press, just before the busiest travel season of the year.

It makes me shudder.

Ciao