PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A new President and GC - what then? Negotiation, contract compliance,more industrial?
Old 25th Jan 2008, 03:33
Numero Crunchero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
management

Thanks, I always like to have the contrarian view to keep me honest. Can CX do kangaroo court D+Gs? ABsolutely, I have witnessed two of them.

You know for intimidation to work you have to be afraid of the potential outcome. So if I am "D+Ged" what will happen? Can't take away my sense of humour, can't take away my birthday, can't take away my kids, can't take away my friends? What you will be removing is a constant source of 'chronic' stress - the stress of working for a 21st century industry running on 19th century coal mine human resource management. You will be removing me from some of the most polluted air in the world so remind me to thank you(I have a relative with emphysema so you would be doing me a huge favour)

I was happy before CX and I promise you I will be happy after CX. There is nothing you can say or do that will make me 'fearful'.

Personally, I would just like to sit back and do nothing and let someone else try to effect change. But as the saying goes, "if not you, then who" - so I will continue to work to improve the lot of those who have earnt 20-50% less than me per year since they turned up in CX.

But, please keep the posts coming. It can't hurt to have the doom sayers' views as well!

By the way, the LSU and cabin crew managed to stand up to CX and stop having a unilateral change imposed! The cabin crew have around 50% membership too! So who knows what is possible.