PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Safety Brief - Is it compulsory to listen?
Old 24th Jan 2008, 22:25
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
Smile

I thought it would be interesting to post some comments from pax of BA038. It's not about that prang but about the reaction of people when they have been in a prang. These comments are taken from The Independent a quality UK paper (IMHO).

All the lights went off and the oxygen masks came down. There was lots of smoke in the cabin and everyone was in a panic. The two stewardesses were very calm and told everyone to sit down.
Howard Zhong

Confirmation that CC were right on top of the situation from only a few seconds warning.

It was all over so quickly, I didn't really have time to think about it or even to take my shoes off before I jumped down the chute.
Peng Gao

This pax had been injured:
The cabin crew were disarming doors and activating the inflatable slides. People instinctively grabbed for hand luggage but were told to leave it...
Gus Macmillan
Notice the word 'instinctively' grabbed for hand luggage. This is after a full blow crash - not just a precautionary evac due to suspected problem or blown tyres.

Then two amusing comments that you may already have seen:
This man deserves a medal as big as a frying pan.
Unnamed airport worker, about the pilot
That is priceless.

"I turned on Sky News today and there was a press conference on. People were saying that John was a hero and he'd landed the plane. I thought, 'He didn't mention that to me."
Myrene Coward, mother of senior first officer John Coward.
Aren't mothers just wonderful?!