PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New RPT in Darwin
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2008, 22:04
metrosmoker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Fro$1@?, GH and Big $$$$$. That is the biggest contradiction in terms in the entire aviation industry! As is promotion in that company. I can hear last nights phone call to the pilot on Elcho Island.
Pilot "I have been out here for nearly a year now. No sink to was my dishes in, no hot water to wash myself in...."
GH, "When I was a kid, we didn`t live in conditions as good as you have it. You are in paradise. A tropical island, good view, close to nature"
Pilot, "You promised some twin time over six months ago, and ...."
GH, "I am getting someone to replace you, the training is just taking a bit longer than expected. If you can`t do it for me, then I am going to have to close the doors. I just can`t afford to keep operating if I don`t have the bases going. The rent is killing me."
Pilot, "But the council guy I spoke to the other day about the hot water said you haven`t paid the rent in 4 years."
GH, "They are just lies. Don`t listen to the rumours. WHat else have you heard?"
Pilot, " Training taking a bit longer than expected! How long then?"
GH, "Well just another week or two. Then I will bring you in and get you some twin time. I need you on the twin`s so you can get som experience so you can fly the turbine`s I have coming. I am bringing a guy in, but....

Why all the secrecy? That`s why.