PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Aviation Training.......
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2008, 21:28
Adios

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blueskybird,

I think what Night Fr8 meant is twofold. Firstly, MPL is coming soon and will change the landscape though nobody quite knows how much yet. It will be first choice for many cadet schemes. Integrated will be first choice for a handful of airlines that only take such grads, but don't have a cadet scheme. It's hard to say how this will effect Modular grads, but I suspect the airlines who take them now will probably continue to do so. The more likely effect will be that wannabes may get gun shy of the Modular route.

Secondly, some airlines have a 2 FTO Modular rule. After MPL arrives, this rule might spread to others. Personally, I think it's a pretty smart way to train anyway, but many Modular students shop around for best price per module and end up with more than 2 on their records. This may have to change.

Whirls,

It is my understanding that the Oat tests are not considered particularly representative of aptitude for someone with a few hundred hours, so this could be a factor for your results. Additionally, the test you describe is much more relevant to airplanes than helicopters, meaning that your helicopter hours may have hurt you even more, so that 100 Heli hours has the same effect 200 stiff wing hours does on that test. Sadly, arguing this then or now probably would not make much difference. It is also possible that some of those chosen may have similar hours to you, but did better on the tests. It's unfortunate, but you just have to crack on, as cadet schemes only choose 3-5% of the applicants, so it was always a long shot.