PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR facts for the upgrades
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2008, 17:22
Smirnoff N21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It doesn't matter how many stripes whatsoever though sometimes it can save your life but let's put that aside. You're however entirely missing the point here, my friend. It's about giving the choice to the individual as well as respecting certain industry standards. Most of guys came over here for a purpose of money and career progression. Some of us do manage to enjoy their lives in one or the other way.
Now, giving the choice means clearly reveal a plan (non compulsory) saying that's the situation. Your number is 47 to go and we predict you'll start your course in 12 months for instance. That's it. It's up to the individual then to decide whether to stay or to pursue the 4 bars elsewhere.
By the way talking about greenback. The sooner one gets command the more 0000 will be on your account in the end. Thus command and money are correlated. For the time being guys are held in the dark for many reasons one of them is f/o shortage.
Industry standard is to have more experienced commanders than f/o otherwise the collaborative atmosphere is rendered somewhat difficult.
Very experienced and mature f/o are sometimes more obstructive than helpful cause they are frustrated thus resulting in possible tension and steepening in gradient. I'm sure you know what I mean.
Last but not least come over here before you start judging and then we shall see.
Don't take it personally, take it on the rocks.