PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Home of Photos in Dunnunda! Mk I
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2008, 17:07
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This! The ugliest aeroplane in Oz.
Looks like it was pretty pleased to see the V tail though

Would hate to be an unfit smoker as well.
When I was flying the medivac falcon jet around asia we was sat one day in Kathmandu (note the elevation) and the Doctor was explaining the oximeter to the patient (a young child we were evacuating to Singapore) while we waited for paperwork that would allow our departure. I had just come back from having a nail by the fence and said "Gissa look" and clipped it on my finger...it read 96 or 97%. Doctor said that can't be right your finger is dirty...so I took off one shoe and sock and clipped it to a toe (I was clowning around for the sake of the sick kiddie)...100%. That had her fecked...she was banging on the top of the box going "Nope...can't be" bang bang..."You're a smoker"....bang.

That's her, Doc Beng, on the left (my right) and Su Lin the Nurse...the med crew that flew with us about 90% of the time. Great people. This is taken at Taipei from memory. Beng had a coffee shop she owned on the side and bought great yummie snacks for enroute and brewed fantastic coffee in the galley.

This was taken climbing out from Karachi enroute to Quetta on the Pakistan-Afghanistan border...the Doc (different one...an excellent Sikh Doctor named Hanik Singh) has just come up and sat in the jumpseat and told me about the patient we were going to get...a Chinese Arms dealer who blew himself up showing the Pakis how something designed to go bang works. We flew him to Beijing via Dhaka and Kunming.

The Falcon parked at Kota Kinabalu early one morning...my favorite aeroplane ever and the best job I will ever have...ruined by beancounters as usual.

Last edited by Chimbu chuckles; 24th Jan 2008 at 19:06.