PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Twinjet
Thread: Twinjet
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2008, 16:59
markwheety

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keeping Quiet

Hi all

Been keeping quiet as not been on the site for a while!

Im not embarassed by the situation at Twinjet, more completely dissapointed.

We came so far until around July / August last year and were making head way. For the first time in years we had an excellent reputation with the CAA and were doing things by the book and properly and business was growing at a record rate.

And Now.....

Due to the normal crap at the top with management refusing too actually make decisions and invest in their staff the spiral of decline has begun...

More crew than ever before are leaving and management still dont think the problem is with them. They will need a building on its own to store the archived crew fiiles soon!!! It is purely banging you head against a brick wall trying to talk to any of them.

Most staff are miserable and are desperate to leave, amazingly most dont work there for the goodness of their health but to make a living (Top tip if management ever read this!!) and still the management rely on favours and goodwill. What favours you did yesterday, was yesterday and thats that and screw you if you want one in return. Management dont really know this, because they dont speak to their staff and when they do they go off on a detour.

I know the GA industry generally has the same type of operators but until October this year everone was sticking with it at Twinjet, then the mass exit began with people losing faith that all promises from earlier in teh year were empty.

They are losing the chief pilot (the best they have had - a guy with more experience than most and one they should start listening too before its too late) but they are arrogant enough to believe again that the problem is his. They get the hopes up of others they are suitable to be chief pilot when they are not... I would not be surprised if they asked one of the cabin to be chief pilot next!!

They have lost all but 2 of the crew on one fleet, and the other fleet is losing crew fast. Only one fleet in the company is stable as it is the only fleet which has ever been crewed at the minimum level of crew.

And the future....

Twinjet stand a chance if they do start to listen. Im not saying it will be with the current staff, they like high turnover of staff as they see it as a way of not having to pay increases in wages... However, when management were asked if they ever incorporate the training, recruitment and admin costs of recruiting a new pilot / staff member into their yearly budget... the room went silient. idiots.

They do now have a new CEO and hopefully he will stop this spiral of decline... In fact he should hit his targets as the company has hit rock bottom, so the only way is up!!!

As for me, I am one who has left for pastures new now, my time of waking up in the middle of the night worrying about things is over. So did I get it wrong with my comments a year ago? No I dont think so like others in the company, I believed that Twinjet actually wanted to grow and do things right. Its more naivety on my part.

And in finishing...

The other half asked me yesterday would I go back if offered

the response....

would I , I have learnt that lesson!!