PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2008, 14:48
shoey11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stage 2

Hi jaimz1982 and dondon.

I took my stage 2 on tuesday and this is what i experienced. After you get there you get given a presentation that lasts for around an hour. You then get a 15 minute break and then you go to the examination room where you have a computer, joystick and keypad infront of you. You start with the math test. In my maths test there were a few long multiplication and long division questions so make sure you know these. But the majority of the questions i recieved were conversion rates, for example, if there are 36 inches in a yeard and 39 inches in a meter, how many meters are there in 150 yards. Others were in the same context but you were given £ to $ and £ to euro, then had to work out how many $ were in a euro. Make sure you know how to do these, plus the LD and LM and youll be fine. You have 15 mintues to answer 15 questions, but i finished with 5 minutes to spare, there not very challenging questions.

After the math test you then have your perpetual test. People say you can practise these to get better, but i wouldnt. I think what they are looking for is improvement in your scores. In my tests i got 7,8,9 in the first test, then on another got 2, 5, 8. Just complete the tasks that are timed as quickly as possible. Thats what i did, and im pretty sure i completely messed up the man holding a square and circle test and finding a shape in a grid of other shapes, but ive been invited to stage 3 on 13th feb so its all good!

Just get a good night sleep before hand, relax and enjoy it when your there and im sure youll do fine.. good luck!!