PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Insulting Nigerian Aviation on Pprune
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2008, 12:55
RobinB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guy's n gal's - try this one for size. Read through all the posts within this thread and remove the words "always" and "never". Once done, we'll probably be nearer the real situation.

Remember, "history teaches us many things, but we never learn from them." and Pobody's Nerfect

One piece of logic I'm trying to figure out - if "us South African's" are so "imperfect" as many intimate on this thread, how come we have +- 9 million illegal immigrants from NIGERIA, Zim, Moz, Angola, Kenya, DRC, Zambia etc etc etc. flooding into SA ? Many of whom live under conditions that are, in my opinion, most unsattisfactory to say the least.

I read with interest many comments from those who "claim" to have "the answers" and back this up by comments such as "I know MANY people who......" - in reality that word "many" means, in REALITY, less than the number of digits one has on both hands.

One of the reasons why this stance is taken is that the human psyche cannot deal with "large numbers" when it comes to things relating to people or events or nature (contemplate the size of the Universe). Our brains cannot cope with the quantity aspect. However, we can become emotionally "devistated" when dealing with "single issues" - for example, compare your emotions of 6 million Jews murdered by the Nazi's against the dissapearence of Madeline McCaine. The genocide in Rwanda against the assination of Benazir Bhuto. Jo Stalin and Chairman Mao together were responsible for more killings than WW2 in total - makes you think, right ?

So when I see posts like "you are ALL racist" - one does not even blink, as opposed to (in this example) "white South African Ppruners are racist", elicits comeback comments and a "forum war" of note.

So, back to Nigeria.......

have fun......

PS, cricket, anyone ?
PPS: Interesting read Balewa, what ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigeria

Last edited by RobinB; 24th Jan 2008 at 13:37.