PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Darwin in the 80's
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2008, 12:54
Richo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ST8 we share way too many memories, sure you don't have twin.

Wim van den Herric and Nattalie moved to FNQ somewhere just up over the ranges. Nat now in Cairns, John Biffo would be able to confirm that.

RNL came back from the paint job in the late 80's, first thing someone said to me was "gee that R looks like an A" = ANL?

The C310 story was just around again a few weeks ago, yes she burnt after the pilot saved the tanker driver.

Charlie had a daughter who went on to become and aero eng through RMIT though I can't remember her first name. Bill Hodge,s daughter was Lesslie Ann still in Darwin at last count. Still remember Bill syaing to me" That Birdie was a good bloke, but he did not like him as a lover for his Daughter", care to comment Birdie!!

As for females Glenda, Monica, Jillian and who could forget Kath. Well then there was BONNIE little BONNIE and her puppies. Of all the things I remember about Ozzie, the day he had a punch up with bonnies Hubby, still lingers. Unfortunatly I was 43rd in line to throw a punch at that bloke.

The Bathurst Is Grand final, when you could get a parking place without overlapping wings and reversing Brazzs out of the tarmac. While we are over on the islands, that little water fall just down from the Picatarramore(spelling) airstrip, heaven with a bottle of wine (woops did I say that(Dry island)).

As for HA, taught him BAK.

The Lawford bros scott and Lockie.

Friday arvo formation flying in the worriers.