PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 2
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 2
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2008, 11:13
shamrock7seal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think easyJet are right at this moment deliberating whether to continue the Krakow route into the summer in light of the Ryanair expansion which means that this service is now competing with Wizz and Ryanair to Katowice and Wroclaw respectively (the Polish areknown for traveling great distances to obtain cheap flights and this will probably result in dilution of the market with too many operators.)

I am pretty certain that easyJet after it's profound success with the Geneva route (now operating 10 times per week) and a whole host of lucrative routes waiting to be served still from BOH, that they will want to keep the airport on their route map.

Whether this means a base is forthcoming THIS year I am not sure. But some routes such as Madeira, Nice, Prague, Berlin, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Paris, Amsterdam, Innsbruck are a perfect fit for the airline... as well as Geneva, Grenoble and Krakow. There must have been some sort of deal with Manchester airports group to assist BOH when they announced their base there.