PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR facts for the upgrades
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2008, 07:03
Ajax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All this talk about command blah blah blah. Smart pilot doesn't care how many stripes on my shoulders, only how many zeros in my bank account.

So was it a bad move to come here because maybe I can go to Ryanair or Air Asia and get upgrade after 2 years, instead of waiting 4 or 5 at QR? Yay now I'm a Ryanair captain living in the most expensive country in the world (England) and taking home maybe £4000 a month after tax and spending 3/4 of that on rent and petrol, and working like a dog compared to long haul FO. Lucky guy, at least I got those precious 4 stripes though huh. Of course I'd like command but come on guys, look in the mirror and admit that FO/SFO in QR, is still a much better financial deal than capt at half the other airlines in the world. So to say to all these guys don't come don't come, because of uncertainty with command upgrade, it's not really going to impress them you know.

You also forget that many of these DE captains are age +60 guys who won't be here in 3 years, and many others will leave just as quickly as they arrived when they get a better offer back in their home countries, or wife gets sick of Doha.

Upgrade will happen when it happens, you can't know what will happen in 3 weeks time in aviation let alone 3 or 5 years. Same in QR as any other airline.

Last edited by Ajax; 24th Jan 2008 at 07:32.