PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizz Air
Thread: Wizz Air
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2008, 22:25
pilot415

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

just did the interview with Wizz as a direct entry captain... never seen before a so rude and arrogant attitude among the Human Resource (polish lady) and the chief training captain (swiss-hungarian young guy ...)

briefly:
-they'll TRY to give you a roster on 6/4 but IS NOT SURE you'll get it.
-if they call you on your day off they'll pay you only the sector pay (they ARE NOT BUYING your day off) and will be better not to move any trouble.
-they need captains (better if already type rated) for the Gdansk, Katowice and Poznan bases untill next december... so almost no chance to have Warsaw or Budapest base.
-for those capts. without A320 expect a bond for 5 years!!, around 23.500 euros and reduced salary, of course, untill the final line check - expect up to 4 months to complete everything.
-expect to commute between the polish bases at least twice per week (by train or minibus!!! - the road in Poland are a complete disaster and is very dangerous to drive - fast and drunky).
The distance between Warsaw, Katowice, Poznan and Gdansk is around 4 hours by car and 2.40/3.20 by train and is not clear if are computed in the duty hours.
-flight time up to 14 hours daily (upon permission from Hungarian JAA).
-need to obtain a validation for your JAR ATPL (Hungary is NOT JAA member yet)...takes 4/5 weeks.
-those pilots outside of bilateral Hungarian work agreement (i.e. Belgium) need to obtain a work permit - 4 weeks at least.

During the personal interview I asked the HR lady to clarify some points of the contract but she didn't reply correctly to the questions .

- be ready to provide a full references from your previous company (they like to be ACCURATE).

personal opinion: generally I've got a bad impression from them and I'll not attend their sim check in LGW.

stay cool guys