PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rules on changing Flying Clubs
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2008, 19:59
Monkeeeey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you moving because of cost or are you unhappy with the training being provided?

If it is because you haven't gone solo yet, then changing schools won't help that and anyway I wouldn't have said you are anything out of the ordinary when it comes to hours taken.
It’s down to cost. The current club is really friendly and as I put earlier its price is competitive for the area, maybe there is an element of overestimating my abilities. Contrary to how I've come across I do feel that if and when an instructors sends me solo it will be an acknowledgement that I've reached the standard, I'm not trying to expedite that but a little more direction from the FI might have helped.

With this prospect of more hours of circuits I need to be realistic and look at the alternatives, one is another airfield (grass) the break down equates to a lot less and by lowing the landing fees and T&G charges I will get much longer if needed to nail it. But I doubt I will be able to fly as often due to the weather.

The second is to put it on hold and get on the simulators and try again in the summer.