PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engine Failure on Takeoff actions
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2008, 18:55
Jetscream 32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having first hand experience of a catastrophic failure after take off at 300ft with a glider attached to the back and a sewage farm in front of me - i can assure you that an aircraft trimmed for glide approach is welcome relief, especially when you start to lose visibility with hot oil smearing the screen, luckily for me and the glider it all turned out fine - however we did turn back -and to qualify that statement i mean, we were departing on a northerly runway and were just passed the airfield boundary when it went bang very loudly, there was a SW runway 100 degrees to our left.

Ditched the glider in a nano second whilst pushing and rolling left to remain in the airfield boundary - made the runway, rolled to a stop slid the canopy back, put my hands up on the canopy frame to assist getting out directly above my brow, immediatley slipped stright back in the seat cos of the oil - crash truck arrives - lift myself out - jump out - open the cowling and look at a conrod poking out of the crank looking at me.....

Guess the type????