PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Name the best Boozer
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2008, 17:43
Fg Off Max Stout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To avoid beadwindowing as suggested in post 2, a few of my preferred venues behind the wire:
  • The Camel's Toe, Basrah Air Station - The atmosphere, architecture, workmanship of those who built it, the daily hours of sunshine. Nothing quite like a long day of flying in 50C, occasionally getting shot at, and then coming back for an ice cold with the rest of the Flt while the mortars go off around you.
  • The Goose, MPA, FI. Much like the Droop Stop at Odi, it's closed more often than it's open due to riotous behaviour. Awesome fun. Some horrible, horrible things have happened in there.
  • The cage at ASI. A nice tropical breakfast 6 pack. Always a pleasurable experience. Offrs' & Sgts' Mess bar on ASI was a spectacular location.
  • Bentley Priory OM. A drink on the balcony on a summer afternoon before hitting London. Halton House also good for the stately home experience.

Unfortunately the powers that be have achieved 'morale savings' at all these venues.

I can personally vouch for Halifax, Nova Scotia as one of the best party towns in the world. The Split Crow was a particular highlight.

As for the worst - The Waterwitch, Odiham. The only reason I'd go back there would be to set fire to the place.