PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Name the best Boozer
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2008, 13:55
talk_shy_tall_knight

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TBK

It's all about opinions, here's a few random ones plucked from a BBC debate on real ale;

"A warm pint of smelly brown bitter can never compete with the crisp clean refreshing taste of an ice-cold continental lager. No amount of advertising will persuade people without beards otherwise. "
Tom, England

"As a bearded middle-aged man, I'll thank Camra to keep its hands off my image. However, I'm all for as many people as possible being introduced to the variety and quality of British ales of all kinds. If that involves near-naked models on posters, I guess we'll just have to live with them. "
Simon Williams, UK

"Speaking as a veteran barman, I can state categorically that real ale cannot EVER be 'made sexy'. The reason being that while bitter drinkers tend to be old and/or ugly, real ale drinkers tend to be inconceivably ugly, smelly, officious and boring to boot. "
Graham Hughes, Liverpool, UK

"Pure and simply ale tastes really bad and lager tastes really good, oh and my dad drinks ale and I don't want to look like him! "
Greig, UK

"Sorry, but real ale will never become sexy as long as it is warm, flat, has bits floating in it and goes by names like 'Old mans underpants'"
Darren UK

"It's all very well Camra trying to make beer drinking sexy, and good luck to it. I love a pint of Old Nadger's Footroot as much as any man, and the fight against fizz needs imagination and fervour. But the awful truth is easy to find out. Go to the Great British Beer Festival, and you'll find that the old cliched pot-bellied, obscure folk band T-shirted beardie afloat on his own beer farts is still a force to be reckoned with. Cheers! "
Rupert Goodwins, UK

Sorry, thread creep.