PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Pilot aptitude test
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2008, 11:40
kalavo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This was about 80% on the ball when I sat it a few years ago http://www.amazon.com/Military-Fligh.../dp/076891700X

At the time it was being replaced with a computer based system with a bunch of interesting tests. Telling you exactly what was in them would take the fun out of the day

But basically you want to be good at...
- Basic mental arithmetic (e.g. anything up to 12x12 or 144/12 in your head know that 1/8th and 0.125 are the same thing)
- Short term memory items (remember hot girls phone number until you find a pen... most people can remember 8 digits, can you remember 2 girls or will you be forced to pick?)
- Sequences (I saw the master caution light come on, then I saw the right low fuel light come on, then I saw the left low fuel light come on, then I saw the fuel low pressure light come on, then I saw the master warning light come on.... can you remember 8 at a time, dropping off the first one as a new one is added)
- Good hand eye coordination - they had a game of fly the FA18 on their website a while ago, how many squares can you make it through