PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 6
Thread: LUTON - 6
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2008, 05:41
Pain in the R's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.uk-airport-news.info/luto...ews-220108.htm

A reader has told us about the unpublicised changes to the free bus transfer service between Luton Airport and Luton Parkway Station, initiated yesterday morning. The move was news to us, it has not been announced on the airport website. In fact on the airport website's rail page still carries the text '...catch the free Luton Airport shuttle bus...'.
The reader, a weekly commuter who has been using the service for over a year and described it as 'overcrowded and subject to delays caused by roadworks, but relatively effective,' describes the chaos caused yesterday by the introduction of fees.
He said: 'The changes introduced this morning caused me and hundreds of others unacceptable delays as one ticket seller tried to deal with the hundreds of people wishing to use the service. I and many others ended up taking a taxi.'
We have both contacted the airport to ask:
" Why this change was not advertised?
" Why a free service has now been removed? It is still advertised as a free service on the rail and airports websites.
" How much it will cost for a return fare?

We have yet to receive a reply (and would welcome any other readers feedback on this).
Our reader concludes: 'As a regular traveller I am staggered by the way in which this change has been introduced, especially as the airport has a captive clientele who have a limited number of transfer options once they arrive at Luton Parkway Station.'