PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilots to ballot for strike over OpenSkies
Old 22nd Jan 2008, 23:38
exeng
Mistrust in Management

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Windytoo

I'll quote from you:
My personal view is that putting a bigjet into a small Greek island in the middle of the night with no Nav aids,is infinitely more demanding than flying "needles" into any big airfield, in any sized aircraft.
I've flown for BA and I've flown in charter. Don't kid yourself that BA Pilots are not able to do the sort of flying you do - they do it, and generally very well. I could list airfield after airfield, but what is the point. By the way, the quite difficult small Greek island airfields I operate to are daylight only - maybe our Pilots don't eat enough carrots!

Another quote from you:
Best of luck if you strike ,but if you want the support of all BALPA members in the UK don't let a few of your members talk out of their a**e and p**s the rest of us off.
I'm not quite sure I understand, apart from a**e and p**s. I would imagine that BA Pilots intend to go on strike all by themselves - I wouldn't have thought they would be looking for your immediate support.

Nevertheless as a charter Capt I support them all the way. Maintain the pay and conditions at the top and we may continue to enjoy a percentage thereof. Destroy the pay and conditions at the top and........

Another quote from you:
theoretically we are all equal
Quite right. My own experience is that the best in charter is as good as the best in BA; however the worst might be significantly below the standard that BA would employ. The average (in my opinion) is probably just below that enjoyed by BA - and I could be wrong of course (partly because I haven't flown with all the charter pilots in the UK).

I wish you all the best.

Regards
Exeng