PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which is the best out of the 4 JAA schools in the USA
Old 22nd Jan 2008, 21:23
AlphaMale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the back up

I have a spreadsheet of all possible ways to fATPL, using schools from the US/Spain/Greece and UK is the best choice for me.

I live an hour away from B-F-C and I have heard they are probably the 3rd best in the UK for flight training. £4,095 (45hrs PPL+Night in US) v £6,000 (50hrs PPL in B-F-C) sounds like a no brainer, but you need to think what you would do if you don't get the PPL in 21 days? and you have the hassle of taking a day off work to go to the US embasy for an interview, apply for a visa, get your finger prints done etc and when you do get out there you'll be flying an AC that we don't have in the UK i.e. Liberty.

So when you do come back you'll need to get used to UK airspace (I am told it's quite different), familiarisation with a 150/172 etc

For me and Greg2041 it's probably easier and cheaper to get it all done at JAA land

You don't have to look at OAT and the £80k bill, Stapleford, Bournemouth, Airways etc offer top training at good prices.

It could be argued that hour building in the US is unbeatable, but as A&C will tell you - consider accommodation/flights etc and 50hrs in 2 weeks will cost you the same as 50hrs in the UK (Not getting on that debate here though).

Keep researching - it'll all make sense in the end