PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Safety Brief - Is it compulsory to listen?
Old 22nd Jan 2008, 18:49
bizzy liz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
safety announcement TODAY'S experience!

My first post, be kind,,,,,,

Hello all, back from AGP (Malaga) to Dublin today on Ryanair. Super crew, on time etc. etc. no probs.
Sat in the emergency exit row for the long legs. Guy in the aisle seat STOOD UP to retrieve his fleece from bin while crew was giving the safety talk. I couldn't believe it!
The crew member nearest nearly lost her mind (but in a good way). She forced him back to his seat pronto, and he was annoyed with her!
When the drill was finished I said to him " they are doing an important job, and you should have some respect you twit". He looked at me and said (in English) "I am from Dusseldorf, I don't understand Irish language. The CC was Spanish, speaking in English.
I have only the highest respect for C\C who have to deal with morons like this.
Anyway, same bloke went to the toilet after captain gave a warning that final approach was imminent. Same C\C saw his fleece on the seat and asked me to put it in the bin, when I explained it wasn't mine, and our pax was in the loo she nearly fainted. I looked back and he was placed in an empty seat at back of A/C. He was last off the plane as he couldn't get to the bin to extract his bags, he he he he he.