PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet - 3
Thread: Easyjet - 3
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2008, 17:46
The Flying Cokeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LGS6753,

You are spot on

A good example is EZY withdrawing from IRL in 2006/07. I flew those routes daily from LGW and in the summertime the planes were absolutely packed- but the yield was very low and so was the loadfactor in the wintertime, Ryanair included.
EZY were not slaughtered as many say on this site but chose to withdraw as nobody were making any money on those routes. Why not stop and utilise the planes elsewhere as it happened?! Funny enough after EZY stopped, Ryanair reduced their frequency too.

I heard that starting those routes to IRL was Mr Webster farewell to MOL hoping to piss him off before he was leaving EZY
When Harrison took over the routes stopped fairly soon and other EZY routes had their frequency increased with the spare planes eg. AMS/BCN.

I don't think we will see any EZY flights to DUB in the near future if ever . More likely is a Scandinavian campaign which is bound to happen very soon as the Eastern europe campaign has just begun this winter.
Ryanair is not the primary target but if I was Skyeurope, Wizz and Sterling I would be a bit more worried over the next year or 2.
TFCM

Last edited by The Flying Cokeman; 22nd Jan 2008 at 18:17.