PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whatever happened to courtesy in Hong Kong ATC?
Old 22nd Jan 2008, 15:16
alvega

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having flown for quite some time now from the other side of the delta I cannot avoid expressing my gratitude and admiration for the professionals working in HK ATC,specially during the summer season when on our navigation displays red is the predominant color.
Totally agreed. Not an issue.

I have witnessed on numerous occasions brilliant displays of competence from these controllers facilitating departures and approaches that elsewhere would be impossible.
Indeed so have I. The only difference is that before, we were contacting humans whereas nowadays it looks more and more like we are talking to robots. Different concepts of efficiency.

...and on very rare occasions have I been confronted with what some would consider lack of courtesy displays, however they are normally associated with heavy traffic/meteo conditions in the terminal area...
Not so rare anymore. And how about London, Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels, Frankfurt, Rome, Madrid or even Beijing and Shanghai. I don’t think their stress levels are in any way lower than those in Hong Kong.
Anyway, I've noticed that things have improved a tad in the last few weeks and I salute those who have put a little bit of effort in that direction. Not such a big sweat, is it?

Alvega - Macau based

Last edited by alvega; 22nd Jan 2008 at 15:49.