PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Flight Training (EFT)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2008, 15:04
7574ever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there Privatairdreaming,

I am one of those, and no, didn't get a refund yet. Neither did any of the other guys as far as I know. It's quite interesting, as there is a clause in our contract saying that refunds are issued within 30 days...

But to be honest, after all I saw and went through while I was training there, I didn't expect anything else from them.

Some advice to guys considering training with them:

1.- Watch you account VERY closely, they make mistakes (I want to think they're mistakes) quite often. If you point them out they usually do correct them, but don't expect them to rectify without your intervention.

2.- Make sure you have an "open" time frame. Delays happen (at least they did happen continously during my stay) and if you choose this school you must be ready to take them. Either that or finish your training somewhere else (my case, and I had allowed for twice the time they specified...).

3.- If you're not comfortable with old planes, forget about this place! Also be prepared to experience failures, usually just annoying. High in the list were radios and transponders. These tend to be repaired and put back into service, I didn't see them replace a single piece of equipment while I was there, so they also tend to fail quite often.

4.- Instruction quality is GOOD in general, they just need more guys!! This means your training might be delayed until these poor guys have some slots for you. Also might mean they just can't dedicate enought time to the student on the ground. The guys are hard workers and they do everything they can to get you through, thank you for that!

5.- Make sure you read your contract in full and keep a copy. They might try to make you pay for stuff your contract doesn't say anything about, as one of the guys found out the hard way.

6.- Last but not least, If you do get in any trouble with them make sure you get everything in writing.

Conclusion (for my experience): been there, done that, won't ever be back!

Your experience may differ! this is just a compilation of my personal experience.

Regards!