PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantaslink Traineeship/Cadetship/General Employment
Old 22nd Jan 2008, 13:45
FRQ Charlie Bravo

Location: ˙ǝqɐq ǝɯ ʇ,uıɐ ʇɐɥʇ 'sɔıʇɐqoɹǝɐ ɹoɟ uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɯɐu ɹıǝɥʇ ʇnd ǝɯos
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bush is good but...

I hold very dear every lesson that I've learnt out bush (where I still reside and fly) but I'm bloody sick and tired of living in a boomtown where every mine employee, nurse, teacher, copper, dole bludger and members of every other profession is raking in the dough whilst I fly them around all day to drive home in a car I cannot afford to my lovely family in my ****e house, on a ****e street in a ****e part of town to eat whatever we can afford that week.

I’ve got a great boss but I know that he can’t pay me much more without raising prices. I digress:

Don’t try to tell me that McDonalds in Karratha (who pay their burger flippers $60k/p.a) charge the same price for a Big Mac as in Perth. What I’m getting at is that in these boom towns everything has increased (at a rate far greater than the national CPI) from petrol prices to food prices as have most wages… bar the pilots’. There may be some growing pains but operators would be wise to buckle down and prepare to pay their pilots more (of course, this may mean the pilots will have to expect to do more work as well).

Sorry, I’m not jaded, I do love my job but I just don’t get enough money for doing it and my lovely family are the ones I feel bad for. We will be taking the first good offer that comes our way whether it be left seat or right (got 1000+ TT and very little MEC).

FRQ CB