PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age Discrimination: Fighting the CAA! (+ update)
Old 22nd Jan 2008, 11:21
uncle ian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update

My claim for Age Discrimination against the CAA will be heard at the Employment Tribunal, Victory House, Kingsway [right opposite the CAA's London building ironically enough] on the 3rd march '08 and for 9 working days thereafter. I can't see it lasting that long but that's what the CAA have demanded. Any one in London at that time would enormously help the cause by showing up at the hearing to demonstrate their support (quietly of course......no banners!). I am assured the Tribunal is influenced by such things. I will, also, be in touch with any media which might be interested in reporting this.

Until a couple of weeks ago I was enjoying the benefit of some funding from an insurance policy I didn't realise I had ; sadly the insurers re-read their own small print and decided I wasn't covered after all. Never mind! I've had loads of help in presenting my case and dealing with the 46, yes that's fortysix, lever arch files of "evidence" the CAA have thrown at me to scare me off.

Nevertheless I now need to ask for the pledges many of you have so generously made to be honoured. I have set up an account called "CAA Age Fund" with Whirlygig [who is an accountant by profession] and me as joint signatories to ensure no monkey business. Any money I am awarded in compensation or expenses [but not loss of income] will be added to the fund and any surplus returned pro rata. One of us will contact you with account details shortly but if youl'd like to make it easy you can send a cheque to Ian Evans, Careflight, 3 Ongar Road Trading Estate, DUNMOW, CM6 1EU made out to 'CAA Age Fund'.

Ian