PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilots to ballot for strike over OpenSkies
Old 22nd Jan 2008, 09:04
Iva harden

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA are out to make money like any other business. They want the lions share of the Atlantic routes and to that end will do what they have to do to secure that. Pilots are just cogs in that business, true , a pilot is an important cog, but all the same BA will do what it wants as it has done over many years to the detriment of people and other Airlines...Dan Air, Bcal, Laker etc.... I can see why BA pilots are worried, this new airline could do very well and take business from LHR, but money talks and BA will have to make money elsewhere to get the growth they need. I guess Openskies has been made a subsidary to avoid the union demands and to enable it to have a much lower cost base to give it a fighting chance with the competition. I do not think strike action would do BA/ pilots any good, it will cause more disruption at LHR and drive the customers elsewhere.....europe. Damned if you do....but less damned if you don't.